Are you qualified to a Level 3 with either 1 years experience of working in a leadership role in an early years setting or at least 2 years experience working in an early years setting. With up to date knowledge of EYFS.
We are currently looking for Qualified* or Experienced Leader to work 6-8 sessions per week at our term time only Preschool.
Morning sessions are from 09:00-12:30 and afternoon sessions 12:50-16:20. Please note: You must be able to work some morning and some afternoon sessions.
We are registered to take children from 2yrs 4mths – 5yrs and offer term time sessions from 9:15-12:15 and 1:00pm-4:00pm. Lunch Link sessions are offered from 12:15pm–1:00pm.
Salary: To be discussed at interview (will include holiday pay).
*Qualification must be full and relevant to meet Ofsted requirements
The Pre-School Leader has the responsibility for:
- The pre-school assistants, students, parent helpers and volunteers in their session.
- Creating and maintaining a culture of self- evaluation and reflective practise throughout the pre- school.
- Providing high quality care and education for the children supporting all children’s needs including changing of nappies/pull-ups.
- Providing a safe environment for staff, children, and visitors.
- Forming a good working relationship with parents, government departments and all other relevant providers where necessary.
- Working with and supporting the Manager and the Committee.
- Encourage a healthy eating and active ethos within the pre-school.
- Undertake other duties as may be requested from time to time by the manager.
Responsibility and Duties
- Take full responsibility for staff working within sessions you are supervising.
- To ensure positive management of children’s behaviour.
- Assist the Manager with the effective day-to-day management of the pre-school
- Assist in the training of Leaders and Pre-School Assistants, making use of all available resources and informing them of relevant courses etc.
- Keep informed and up to date with all relevant changes in educational requirements by Ofsted.
- Lead and develop Pre-School Assistants to maximise the optimum level of their knowledge and ability.
- Encourage a harmonious working environment, by promoting teamwork and providing motivation.
- Always maintain an approachable attitude.
- Keep the Manager and Deputy informed of any development needs and disciplinary issues.
- Always provide a safe working environment for staff.
- Attend all staff meetings and any relevant training which may be out of working hours.
- Input into the Managers and all other staff performance appraisals.
- Keep updated with the Revised Early Years Foundation Stage 2021
- Attend any relevant training regarding The Early Years Foundation Stage
- Cascade training down to the staff team
- Work closely with other Leader and staff regarding planning.
- Ensure every session offers a wide variety of activities and equipment to both stimulate and support the children’s intellectual, social, physical, and emotional development.
- Ensure that the staff offers all children attention, stimulation and the correct amount of guidance and support to meet their needs.
- Undertake a key person role with specific children. o Observe and access children’s development and keep accurate records of their achievements.
- Plan activities to meet their needs and interests
- Ensure that any developmental needs of the children are understood and met liaising with the Senco, all staff, the parents, and other relevant providers to achieve this end.
Health and Safety
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all daily risk assessments have been carried out before the session starts.
- Ensure the equipment is well maintained and safe to use.
- Be fully aware of all emergency and safety procedures.
- Ensure that during sessions all relevant doors are shut securely, and that the children’s safety is always of paramount importance.
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate.
- Ensure good hygiene standards.
- Ensure a high standard of care is taken to maintain safety during the sessions and at arrival and departure times.
- Ensure a first aid book is provided and that the nominated person is keeping it up to date.
- Keep an up-to-date record of all children’s details i.e., contact telephone numbers.
- Keep the Manager, Supervisors and Pre-School assistants informed of any issues relating to safety.
- Ensure correct procedures and risk assessments are followed for any off-site visits.
- Be committed to improving on our current Ofsted grading of ‘Good’.
- To assist the Manager and other Leader to prepare all paperwork required prior to an Ofsted Inspection.
- To assist the Manager and Deputy with follow up action required resulting from an Ofsted inspection.
- Assist with all the relevant records relating to Ofsted including the Self Evaluation Form.
- Ensure all relevant records relating to Ofsted are kept up to date. -Update the Daily Register, Visitors Book and all other records required to be kept by the Pre-School. -Assist the Manager with the update of registers, accident and incident books, stage names and visitor’s books during the holidays. -Keep up to date and develop current knowledge relating to the Early Years Foundation Stage, Child Protection and First Aid.
- Undertake Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Training.
- Ensure that all confidential information is stored in a locked filing cabinet.
- Form a good working relationship with the executive committee.
- Attend committee meetings regularly.
- Inform the committee of any relevant achievements, concerns, problems, or non-confidential issues relating to childcare and staff.
- Attend any relevant meetings as directed by the committee.
- Ensure that any information regarding the children, their families, staff and committee which has been learnt as part of the job is treated as confidential.
- To assist the Manager and Deputy Manager in encouraging parental support and involvement with visits, assistance during sessions, events, outings and curriculum.
- Assist the Manager and Deputy Manager where necessary with administration of stationary and supplies.
- Assist the Manager and Deputy Manager with the responsibility of snacks, milk orders and cancellations.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties requested by the Manager or The Committee.
- Encourage a healthy eating and active ethos.
- Read, Implement, and conform to all policies adopted by the Pre-School.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive; changes and other duties relevant to this post may be added. This job description will be reviewed in the future.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require criminal records check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Ability to commute/relocate:
Horsham, RH13 9BT: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Expected start date: 05/09/2022